Hi, I’m Lee Porter.
I received my undergrad from the University of North Texas and my graduate degree from Texas Christian University.
- Sold and wrote advertising for the Dallas Observer and the Denton Record Chronicle
- Media coordinator and small market buyer for Micheal’s Craft Store
- Copywriter for RadioShack
- Creative producer for Zagorski Communications
- Marketing manager for Docs on Call and Austin Medical Personnel
- Funded and managed a start-up landscaping company, The Green Guys
- Freelance writer for Pier One Imports, Bennigan’s, T.G.I. Fridays, Inc., Dave & Buster’s, Leather Center Inc., and Bank of America
References and like-kind job samples are available on request.
My failures and what I learned from them.
I was fired from the Dallas Observer and quit Zagorski Communications because I sucked. Really. I had no writing style and didn’t take any pride in my work.
Docs on Call and Austin Medical Personnel both went belly up because of a lack of understanding in the importance of the rate of return to a business. Everything under the roof of a business needs to work to make that business successful, everything.
The Green Guys failed because I spent too much on image and equipment. I should have spent my money on labor to actually mow, but our t-shirts looked really awesome.
Oh, I tweet, too.
Well, the contact tab is next. If you’ve read this far, you’re possibly going to hire me or you’re extremely nosy.
I look forward to discussing your project with you.
Again, thanks for taking the time to read my site.
P.S. I put this site together late at night, so if you see any goofs, let me know. I’ll send you a gift card for a free cup of coffee from Starbucks.